Double Bed Headboard
- Double bed headboard. Exact size to be defined in the order
- Rug to choose. 100% sheep wool and natural dyes from the Andes
- Wooden structure
- Artisan process made according to Aymara tradition and respectful of the environment
- It is very easy to order it: choose the carpet that you like the most on the web, send us an email, whatsapp or call us with the reference and the measurements of the headboard you want.
- We will reply to you with the budget and within aprox 15 days you will have it!
The headboards are made customized with the "frazada" chosen by the client and the size ordered.
The frazada is woven by an Aymara women from local communities of the Altiplano of Peru and Bolivia, according to indigenous precious traditions that have been passed on from one generation to the next.
Through distinct patterns and colors, the frazadas represent indigenous symbolic meanings, which can take weeks to weave. They are woven on portable wooden looms made at their community and it is common to see them weaving while tending livestock.
These products are handcrafted in remote villages, with enough time and patience, rare conditions in our society.
Some decorators include them within the current trends of slow life, or wabisabi decoration, since they may contain imperfections typical of manual work that give them greater authenticity and character.
We travel to the Altiplano to work directly with local artisans, paying a fair price that allows the continuance of local communities while maintaining their traditions and culture.
They are ideal to bring colour and joy to bedrooms or living rooms. They can be easily combined with our rugs to create unique and bright environments.