Ethnic Cushion 60x35 B214
- Hand-woven with sheep's wool according to the Aymara tradition.
- Culla back fabric in stone color.
- Filler included. Side zipper.
- Natural dyes from the Andes are used, respectful with the environment.
- Size: 60 x 35 cm approximately.
- Weight: approximately 0.9kg.
- Dry cleaning is recommended and to preserve vivid colors do not expose to the sun.
This cushion has been made from a "blanket", by hand by Aymara women from the Altiplano of Peru and Bolivia, according to local traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation in generation.
The colors and patterns of the "blankets" have indigenous meanings, and take weeks to weave. They weave on portable wooden looms made in their community and it is common to see them weaving while tending livestock.
These products are created in remote villages, with enough time and patience, unusual conditions in our society.
Some decorators include them within the current “slow life” trends, o the “wabisabi” decoration, since they may contain imperfections typical of manual work that give them greater authenticity and character.
We travel to the Altiplano to work directly with local artisans, paying a fair price that allows the development of local communities while maintaining their traditions and culture.
They are ideal for bringing color and joy to bedrooms or living rooms. They can be easily combined with our rugs to create unique and bright environments.