Ethnic cushion 45x45 F340
- Hand-woven with sheep's wool according to the Aymara tradition.
- Culla back fabric in stone color.
- Filler included. Side zipper.
- Natural dyes from the Andes are used, respectful with the environment.
- Size: 45 x 45 cm approximately.
- Weight: approximately 0.7kg.
- Dry cleaning is recommended and to preserve vivid colors do not expose to the sun.
This cushion has been made from a frazada by an Aymara women from local communities of the Altiplano of Peru and Bolivia, according to indigenous precious traditions that have been passed on from one generation to the next.
Through distinct patterns and colors, the frazadas represent indigenous symbolic meanings, which can take weeks to weave. They are woven on portable wooden looms made at their community and it is common to see them weaving while tending livestock.
These products are handcrafted in remote villages, with enough time and patience, rare conditions in our society.
Some decorators include them within the current trends of slow life, or wabisabi decoration, since they may contain imperfections typical of manual work that give them greater authenticity and character.
We travel to the Altiplano to work directly with local artisans, paying a fair price that allows the continuance of local communities while maintaining their traditions and culture.
They are ideal to bring colour and joy to bedrooms or living rooms. They can be easily combined with our rugs to create unique and bright environments.